Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toadshade


If you live in the North East like I do Toadshade or Trillium sessile fits in a Haunted Garden! They are a perfect fit for a shade or woodland garden. Mine aren't blooming yet but I wanted to show you the leaves. A single maroon flower sits above 3 mottled leaves. In some areas they are threatened and I don't recommend wild harvesting unless that area is being developed. Many native plants are threatened and endangered as home gardeners we can make a difference.

4 comments:

  1. You know of course, that I love think plant...and no, not just because of the name, although that does help :D

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous plants. I have one that blooms yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got some toadshade blooming now, with the single simple deep red flower. I love the leaf patterns.

    ReplyDelete