Saturday, May 10, 2014

Save the Bees...Plant These!

First off go Organic! Do not use and stray pesticides!
Lemon Balm. Easy to grow and smells great used in teas and has all kinds of uses.
Catmint is amazing bees love it and so do cats!
Greek Oregano is one of my favorite culinary herbs! It doesn't spread like regular oregano. Dried it's great in many dishes!


Lavender for me it will overwinter if I don't cut it back.
Yarrow many bees and butterflies love them. Comes in many colors. Easy to grow.
 
So consider planting these herbs not only for their usefulness but for the bees!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so wish I had my own garden, or at least an allotment somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post ;o) I love all these suggestions ;o) I have to get some catnip and lavender ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete