Monday, July 25, 2011

I love my magnolia tree

but I hate that it drops leaves everyday.....every single day of it's existence.  And they are big waxy leaves and there are a lot of them.  Raking them out of the yard became difficult so a few years ago I removed the grass from under that tree and put in a gravel garden to make cleaning up the leaves much easier.

In that garden I put skull faces cast out of concrete and last week I picked up some black glass beads to scatter among the gravel.  Continuing with my black and gray theme our Halloween decor :)

We are having a wedding at the house next weekend and had a crew of people descend on the yard to get it in top shape.  Some the crew brought their kids.

Kids + concrete skulls + black beads = interactive art!

So now, my skulls have eyes! :D


and in this case a nose! :D




3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think I need to crash a certain wedding! By the way, will you be putting skulls like those on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!
    I use a leaf blower to clean-up under my Magnolia trees....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love the skulls. I too LOVE magnolias but I can see how yard clean up could be a bit on the aggravating side!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete